Districts, Schools and Educators
Expanded Meal Access for Minnesota Children and Adults Grant
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) has funding available from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) for nonprofits (including faith-based organizations), educational institutions (e.g., child care providers, K-12 school districts, higher education), tribal nations and local governmental units that serve individuals in the state of Minnesota. The purpose of the funds is to provide prepared meals to Minnesota children and adults who are experiencing food insecurity as a result of COVID-19.
Total amount available: $9,500,000
Minimum grant amount: $25,000
Maximum grant amount: $1,000,000
Submit all required material to be submitted through Survey Gizmo Application link below.
Grant opportunity published: June 29, 2020
Question and Answer period closes: July 9, 2020
Completed applications due: July 20, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Anticipated date of grantee announcement: Late August 2020
Anticipated date for the beginning of the grant: September 2020, but if awarded, you will be able to request reimbursement retroactive to July 1, 2020
Required Grant Documentation
All documentation below is required for a complete grant.
- This document contains all the information you will need to complete this grant application, including our criteria for the grant, how to apply, and the selection process.
- This is an application worksheet to assist you to gather all the information need prior to making your application in the Survey Gizmo link. Please note that this application worksheet cannot be submitted as your application. It is only a tool that you can use when developing your answers. All completed applications must be submitted via the Survey Gizmo link by July 20, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. central time. We will not consider late applications.
- You must complete the budget document and upload in the Survey Gizmo link in an Excel format.
- When you have gathered all the required information, and are ready to submit you application, please use the Survey Gizmo to complete and submit your application. There will be spots for you to upload your specifications, quotes, and assurances. Only complete applications, received through the Survey Gizmo, by July 20, 2020, 11:59 p.m. central time will be considered for the grant. NOTE: if you are in the process of completing and uploading your application at that time of the deadline and have not submitted your completed application, your work will be lost and you will not be able to submit your application, so it is best to start early.
Questions and Answers
- Question and Answer document for all questions received by the deadline.