Districts, Schools and Educators
School Safety Grants – SFY19
Pursuant to Minnesota Session Laws 2018, Chapter 214, Article 1, Section 4, Subdivision 3, the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) makes this funding available to all Minnesota school districts, charter schools, intermediate districts, cooperatives enrolling students, the Perpich Center for Arts Education, and the State Academies. Grants may be used to predesign, design, construct, furnish, and equip school facilities for improvements related to violence prevention and facility security for qualifying school buildings. This includes renovating and expanding existing building and facilities.
- These grant instructions include our selection process, criteria for the grant, and details on how to apply.
- Please have these assurances signed and ready for upload on the day of application. You will need to upload assurances for each survey you complete.
- The application worksheet is a word version of the Survey Gizmo. You can complete the form to have ready to copy and paste your answers into Survey Gizmo on the day of application, August 29, 2018.
Survey Gizmo – available August 29
- Survey Gizmo is the application pathway for this grant. A link to the application will be available here on August 29, 2018 starting at 7 am. We will consider all applications received on August 29 first, from high priority to low priority, before moving on to consider applications received on August 30, 2018 and later.
- You may use the link above to access the recorded webinar. See next section for information on how to access the webinar. The question-and-answer portion will not be recorded but will be published. See below for more on the webinar Q&A.
- From now until August 24, 2018, we will publish all questions and answers received during the week every Friday. This will include all questions and answers we receive from the informational webinar published on July 27, 2018.
Informational Webinar—July 24 at 1:30 p.m.
We will present a webinar on July 24, 2018, at 1:30 p.m. to provide an overview of the grant, walk through the application process, and allow time for your questions and answers. We will record the webinar and make it available after that date. The question and answers that come from the webinar will not be recorded. We will post those questions and answers above on Friday, July 27, 2018.
Password is “Safety”
Questions and Answers
For questions, please contact Tim Larson or call 651-582-8451. For answers to questions submitted by applicants, select the Questions and Answers link above.
We will continue to accept applications until grants funds are awarded. Applicants will be notified of grant decisions on September 28, 2018.