Districts, Schools and Educators
Competitive Grant Opportunities from the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE)
Welcome to MDE’s competitive grants site. Here you will find a link to all of the active grant opportunities offered by MDE. Please select individual competitive grant opportunities to view the instructions and corresponding grant documents for that grant. Also included is a link to the Electronic Grants Management System (EGMS) archive. Once we have concluded accepting applications for a grant opportunity, we will also archive that opportunity on this site, following our data retention policies.
Active Competitive Grant Opportunities
Below are the active competitive grant opportunities. Once the application due date has passed, the opportunity and all of its attachments will be moved to the archive. Please note that this page is only for competitive grants offered by the Minnesota Department of Education. All formula grants are still found on the Electronic Grants Management System (EGMS) website.
Competitive Grant Opportunities
- Charter School Expansion Replication Grant – Application period closes February 28, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Charter School Start Up Grant – Winter Competition – Application period closes February 28, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Grow Your Own – Pathway 1 and 2 – Application period closes on March 20, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Minnesota Indian Teacher Training Program – Application period closes on March 27, 2020, at 3:30 p.m. Central Time.
- Grants to Increase Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Course Offerings – Application period closes on March 20, 2020 at 3:30 p.m. Central Time.
Grants in FY19 and Earlier
Documentation for grant opportunities offered in FY19 or earlier can be found on the archived grants page on our former grants site, including instructions, applications, budgets, and question-and-answer documents. The School Safety Grant offered in the fall of 2018 is available on the new Competitive Grant Archive page linked in the next section.
Grants in FY20 and Later
Grant opportunities offered in FY20 and later can be found on our new archive page. Information on this page includes instructions, application, assurances, budgets, question-and-answer documentation, and webinar information (if applicable) for each grant opportunity. Please note, opportunities that are archived are no longer open for application.