Districts, Schools and Educators
Social Emotional Learning Communities of Practice – FY20 – State Competitive Grant
The Minnesota Department of Education makes this funding available to support suicide prevention through schoolwide social emotional learning (SEL), which supports meaningful relationships, coping skills and safe and supportive communities. Schoolwide SEL integrates academic, social and emotional learning across all school contexts and promotes equitable outcomes for all students. MDE invites Minnesota school districts and charter schools to apply to the Social Emotional Learning Communities of Practice in order to build knowledge and capacity to install, implement and sustain schoolwide SEL.
- Publication Date: January 3, 2020
- Due Date: February 14, 2020
- Total amount available: $745,000 ($372,500 for FY20 and $372,500 for FY21)
- Maximum grant amount: $37,250 ($18,625 for FY20 and $18,625 for FY21)
- Submit all required material to email@example.com by February 14, 2020, by 3:30 p.m. Central Time
- Grant opportunity published: January 3, 2020
- Question and Answer period closes: February 5, 2020
- Question and Answer document published after: February 10, 2020
- Completed applications due: February 14, 2020
- Anticipated date of grantee announcement: By the end of March 2020
- Anticipated date for the beginning of the grant: April 20, 2020
Required Grant Documentation
All documentation below is required for a complete grant.
- This document contains all the information you will need to complete this grant application, including our criteria for the grant, how to apply, and the selection process.
- This is the official cover sheet and application. Please download and complete all fields. All completed applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 14, 2020 by 3:30 p.m. Central Time. We will not consider late applications.
- You must complete the budget document and submit it to us in an Excel format.
Question and Answers
The period of questions is over. We have release two sets of documents containing the questions and answers that we have received.