Network for School Leaders Serving the Somali Community
Date: March 31, 2020
Time: 9-10 a.m. via WebEx
Description: Join us to learn from school leaders throughout the Twin Cities metro region about how they’re serving their Somali community. Each session will feature a panel of Twin Cities’ school leaders who will tell us about their journey toward racial equity. There will be an opportunity to ask questions and better understand how you might refine your practices as a leader.
We’re planning to include some panelists who are leaders who work with the Somali community. These panelists will discuss how they’re addressing these three questions:
- What questions/concerns have Somali families had and how are you addressing those concerns?
- What does distance learning look like for the Somali community?
- How are you taking care of yourself and your staff during this time?
During their sharing, you’ll be able to ask questions in the chat. After sharing, the panel will spend time answering those questions, knowing that there are no easy answers to the tough situations you are all dealing with.
Please join if you are able and forward this information if necessary. We will share the conversation and resources after the session. Please let us know what questions you have in the meantime.
Presenters: Elizabeth Vaught, Education Specialist
Event Type: Webinar
Sponsor: School Support Division
Register: Register for the March 31, 2020 Community-centric Practices Network Session. If you need assistance with registering or prefer to register by phone, please contact us by using the phone number(s) listed below.
WebEx Information: Session number: 962 660 925
Session password: Somali
- Go to WebEx link (https://minnesota.webex.com/minnesota/k2/j.php?MTID=tcda6ca2292d467ad8afa0222936ed83d)
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: Somali
- Click Join Now.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Contact Information: Elizabeth Vaught, 651-582-8250
Please contact Elizabeth Vaught, 651-582-8250, two weeks before the event to request a reasonable accommodation or the use of our nursing or prayer rooms.