Special Expenditure Applications for Student Placements (Special Pupils)
Date: October 24, 2019
Time: 10—11:30 a.m.
Description: Minnesota Statutes establish the requirements for a local educational agency (LEA) to receive funds for special student placements, formerly called “Special Pupils.” Attend this webinar to learn more about how to report Special Pupils for Care and Treatment. Learn which students are eligible and how enrollment data is used for special funding and how expenditures are recorded in the Special Education Data Reporting Application (SEDRA). The session will cover the specific student characteristics and the process of submitting a claim for state aid. Special pupil applications are the following:
- Special Expenditure Application Out-of-State Tuition for Minnesota Residents 2018-19
- Special Expenditure Application Court Place Non-Minnesota Residents with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) 2018-19
- Special Expenditure Application Special Pupil With IEPs 2018-19
- Special Expenditure Application Special Pupil Without IEPs 2018-19
Webinar topics include:
- Special Pupil Categories and Requirements for State Aid
- Resident District
- State Aid Calculation
- Special Education Reporting and Data Team Resources
Presentation material and information on joining the webinar will be sent to registered participants on October 23.
Presenters: Jill Bemis, Special Education Funding and Data and Kelly Wosika, Student Accounting
Event Type: Webinar
Audience: Identified Official with Authority (IOwA), Special Education Directors, School Business Managers, SEDRA contacts and other staff responsible for preparing special pupil applications.
Sponsor: Division of School Finance
Registration deadline: October 21, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Contact Name: Carisa Ricci
Contact Phone: 651-582-8611
Contact Carisa Ricci to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event or to request use of our designated rooms for nursing mothers or prayer while you are visiting us. Please note: The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) requires a two-week advance notice to provide accommodations and 48-hour notice to cancel the request.