Special Expenditure Applications for Student Placements (Special Pupils)
Date: September 22, 2020
Time: 10-11:30 a.m.
Description: Minnesota Statutes establish the requirements for a local educational agency (LEA) to receive funds for special student placements, formerly called “Special Pupils.” Attend this webinar to learn more about how to report Special Pupils for Care and Treatment. Learn which students are eligible and how enrollment data is used for special funding and how expenditures are recorded in the Special Education Data Reporting Application (SEDRA). The session will cover the specific student characteristics and the process of submitting a claim for state aid. Special pupil applications are the following:
- Special Expenditure Application Out-of-State Tuition for Minnesota Residents 2019-20
- Special Expenditure Application Court Place Non-Minnesota Residents with Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) 2019-20
- Special Expenditure Application Special Pupil With IEPs 2019-20
- Special Expenditure Application Special Pupil Without IEPs 2019-20
Webinar topics include:
- Special Pupil Categories and Requirements for State Aid
- Resident District
- State Aid Calculation
- Special Education Reporting and Data Team Resources
Presentation material and information on joining the webinar will be sent to registered participants on September 21, 2020.
Presenters: Jill Bemis, Special Education Funding and Data and Kelly Wosika, Student Accounting
Event Type: Webinar
Sponsor: Division of School Finance
Registration deadline: September 20, 2020, at 5 p.m. If you need assistance with registering or prefer to register by phone, please contact us by using the phone number(s) listed below.
Contact Information: Carisa Ricci, 651-582-8611
Contact Carisa Ricci two weeks before the event to request a reasonable accommodation.