Learning Matters is our department newsletter. It provides education-related news and information on agency initiatives and events. Each issue features a selection of recent news stories from the department, various media sources and coming events. Subscribe to Learning Matters on the Learning Matters webpage.
Food and Nutrition Newsletters
The Division of Nutrition, Health and Youth Development is responsible for several nutrition-related newsletters that contain information and resources on U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) food programs. Select a title to find back issues and learn more about each newsletter.
- The Summer Meals Newsletter includes information and tools developed by USDA for Summer Food Service Program sponsors. It also highlights what's happening in Minnesota, including training workshop schedules and registrations, policy announcements, information about featured programs and events, as well as guidance on how to start, administer and successfully operate a summer meals program.
- The Lunch Line is a monthly newsletter that focused on the School Nutrition Program (SNP) and is written by SNP staff.
- What's the Dish? includes information related to several food and nutrition program areas, including At-Risk Afterschool Meals, Child and Adult Care Food Program for Centers and Family Day Care Homes.
School Finance Newsletters
- The Pupil Transportation Vehicle is our bi-annual transportation newsletter. Each issue provides the latest information about school transportation issues, including deadlines, forms and more.
- The MARSS Memo is a monthly publication of the Minnesota Department of Education, School Finance Division. Each issue is packed with reporting information, deadlines, instructions and contact information related to the Minnesota Automated Reporting Student System (MARSS).
Supporting Libraries Serving Youth newsletter includes information on how State Library Services activities support Minnesota libraries serving youth.
Special Education Directors' e-News, produced four times a year, contains information of interest to administrators, educators, parents and guardians, and students receiving special education services in Minnesota. View recent issues on the MDE website using the links below.