Title IV Part A Grant Program
Title IV, Part A, also known as the Student Support and Academic Enrichment (SSAE) grant program, is a relatively new federal Title grant program under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The purpose of this annual program is to improve access to a holistic education. Minnesota received approximately $12 million dollars FY20. Title IV, Part A funds are distributed to Local Educational Agencies (LEAs) as a formula grants to LEAs that spent Title I, Part A awards during the prior fiscal year.
Title IV, Part A is for improving student academic achievement through activities and programs in three broad areas:
- Well-Rounded Education
- Safe and Healthy Students
- Effective Use of Technology
Title IV, Part A offers opportunities for:
- Innovation including start-up, experimental, or pilot activities with outcomes directly tied to local LEA needs.
- Equitably expanding access to a well-rounded education.
- Equitably expanding access, supports, programs and activities that foster a safe and healthy supportive environment.
- Equitably expanding access to technology and professional learning for the effective use of technology, culturally responsive and antiracist teaching, and more.
Below are resources and responses to frequently asked questions about the Title IV, Part A grant program. Please review these resources and those found on the ESEA Grant Application Tools webpage to inform program planning and application submission by September 1.
Important Title IV, Part A, Resources
Title, IV Part A Frequently Asked Questions - 8/14/20
Answers to frequently questions about the Title IV, Part A grant program.
Title IV, Part A Budget Worksheet 2020-21 - 8/7/20
Title IV, Part A Grant Application Submission Checklist - 7/27/20
Safe and Healthy Students Resources Reference Sheet - 7/13/20
Well-Rounded Education Resources Reference Sheet - 7/13/20
Effective Use of Technology Resources Reference Sheet - 7/10/20
Title IV Narrative Questions and Response Guide 2020-21 - 6/22/20
One Page Title IV, Part A Fact Sheet - 6/18/20
A visual overview of Title IV, Part A, program
Title IV Part A COVID-19 Questions and Answers - 4/10/20