Understanding the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) is the first step toward accurately providing SFSP meals and snacks to Minnesota’s children. Administrative staff responsible for program operations must have knowledge of recordkeeping and food service operations, as well as nutrition education and meal service.
State agency staff offer online and in-person training, as described below, and technical assistance to sponsoring organizations.
Sponsors provide training to new hires and ongoing instruction to all staff on program meal patterns, meal service, claims submission, food service operations, record-keeping requirements, and reporting. In addition, sponsors provide annual training to all staff on SFSP program updates and compliance standards for operations and program delivery. Sponsor Training Opportunities for 2019Access the following online SFSP training courses here
. Check out the User Tutorials on that page for instructions on how to register and access the courses. We need you to register, so we will have documentation that your training is complete for the year.
- Civil Rights, MDE-150 (45 minutes)
- The SFSP Basics, MDE-100, includes 19 interactive courses (10-15 minutes each)
- The SFSP Refresher, MDE-170, includes three short courses, one of which is a shortened version of the Civil Rights course (60 minutes)
- Menu Building Basics – Utilizing CN Labels and USDA Recipes to Build a Cycle Menu (60 minutes)
- SFSP Meal Planning for Summer Success! (60 minutes)