The School Breakfast Program helps to ensure that students start their day with a nutritionally balanced meal. School breakfast also sets up students so they are focused and ready to learn.
The resources developed through the Minnesota Department of Education’s Team Nutrition Training grant, Be Your BEST—Breakfast Encourages Students to Thrive, were designed to help schools implement effective School Breakfast Programs. This project was funded using U.S. Department of Agriculture grant funds.
Breakfast Menu Ideas and Recipe Resources
- 4/28/20 A list of menu options that could be served in the School Breakfast Program, including hyperlinks to recipes and sample menus from outside organizations.
Expert Tips for a Successful School Breakfast Program
- 10/30/18 Minnesota schools are doing many innovative things when it comes to the School Breakfast Program. School nutrition directors across the state offer tips on what makes their School Breakfast Program a success.
Offer Vs. Serve Reminder Card
- 2/19/20 Half page guide for cashiers to use at the point of service to provide information related to reimbursable meals. Includes information for breakfast on one page and lunch on one page.
School Breakfast Program: Money, Money, Money
- 5/6/20 Tips and resources to support schools run a financially healthy school breakfast program. Topics include providing free meals to students, evaluating start up and ongoing costs, increasing profit, and grant opportunities.
School Breakfast Service Option
- 4/28/20 A comparison table highlighting four different service models including traditional, grab and go, breakfast in the classroom, and second change breakfast.