CACFP for Family Child Care
Resources for Parents and Providers
Welcome to the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Parent and Provider Page!
CACFP for family child care provides aid to family day care homes for providing nutritious foods that contribute to the wellness, healthy growth, and development of young children.
The goal of this page is to assist parents/guardians and providers to: 1) Learn about CACFP; 2) Find a list and the contact information for the organizations that sponsor child care providers on the food program; 3) Locate resources such as a Special Diet Statement to bring to your medical provider if a special dietary accommodation is needed for your child; 4) Review the CACFP Meal Pattern Requirements detailing the types of foods that must be served for each meal and snack while your child is at child care.
- Family Child Care Sponsor List and Benefit Information This document contains information about the benefits of participating in CACFP, CACFP reimbursement rates, program requirements, how to apply for CACFP, and a list of the Minnesota family day care home sponsors.
- Eligibility Map Child care providers can use the eligibility map to see if their home is in a Tier 1 eligible area.
- The links below contain the meal patterns for infants and children.
- Farm to Child Care Many child care providers participate in Farm to Child Care. Check out this video to see how it works!
- Household Contacts This document explains the household contact regulatory requirements.
- Special Diet Statement This form is necessary when the meal pattern (as described above) cannot be met, or needs to be altered or accommodated for special dietary restrictions due to medical reasons.
For more information on special diets, refer to the Special Diet Guidebook.
To request additional information or if you have questions please contact the Minnesota Department of Education by phone at 651-582-8526 or 800-366-8922 (toll free Minnesota only) or by email at email@example.com.