Secured Website Systems User Access Agreements and Acknowledgements
All authorized users of the Minnesota Department of Education secured website systems must review and abide by the following agreements and acknowledgements:
1. All authorized persons agree to restrict their activities when using the MDE secured website systems solely to submitting, gathering, or processing information as permitted by their application role and organization access as authorized by their supervisor.
2. All authorized persons agree to abide by the provisions of Minnesota Statutes Chapter 13 (Minnesota Government Data Practices Act); the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) 20 U.S.C. 1232g; and any other applicable statutes and regulations on privacy and confidentiality of data and information. No private data accessed in the course of the performance of this agreement shall be duplicated, used, or disseminated except as authorized by statute or this agreement, either during the period of this agreement or thereafter. All authorized persons agree to abide by the security standards prescribed by the Minnesota Department of Education.
3. All electronic data communications are to be encrypted or encoded at the protocol level using security standards developed by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and the IP (IPSec) Working Group. This will ensure the safety and security of all business transactions, communication exchanges and education data protected under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota Statues Chapter 13, and FERPA, 20 U.S.C. 1232g.
4. All authorized persons understand and agree that any sign-on or password instructions issued are for their exclusive use pursuant to this agreement and are not to be shared with or delegated to others.
5. All authorized persons further agree to maintain procedures within their office that safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of data. This includes, but is not limited to, always logging off from the MDE secured website when leaving their computer unattended; protecting their password or sign-on from access by others, and not authorizing another person to access data using their password or sign-on; and any other procedures that may be necessary to prevent unauthorized access to the MDE secured website systems.
6. All authorized persons agree that student data, alone or in combination with any other student data received from any MDE source or school source, is to be protected as private data. Further, all secure data and financial information is intended for verification purposes only and is not to be combined with additional available data for other purposes.
7. All authorized persons understand and agree that continued access to the MDE secured website depends on their compliance with the procedures and data practices policies as outlined. Failure to abide by this agreement will result in access being discontinued.
8. All authorized persons acknowledge that they may be subject to criminal and civil penalties if they do not abide by the above policy.