Minnesota Common Course Catalogue
What is the MCCC?
The Minnesota Common Course Catalogue (MCCC) is a course classification and data collection system intended to provide uniform information about courses that are taught by Minnesota teachers and completed by Minnesota students.
The MCCC is being implemented to meet state and federal requirements, including: Minnesota Statutes, section 120B.35 Student Academic Achievement and Growth; Minnesota Session Laws 2009, Chapter 96, Article 2, Section 60 Implementing Rigorous Coursework Measures Related to Student Performance; and HR 2272 America COMPETES Act of 2007 SEC. 6401. Required Elements of a Statewide Longitudinal Data System.
Enter the Minnesota Common Course Catalogue (MCCC)
The four data collections associated with the MCCC include:
- Local Course Index
- Calendar Information
- Staff Course Records
- Student Course Records
UPDATE for 2019-20 data submission. The 2019-20 data submission will open again April 5, 2021—June 30, 2021.
Welcome to the Minnesota Common Course Catalogue
NOTE: File load order is Course, Staff and then Student. Each file must process and load records before the next is uploaded. The day after your last file loads select the report Completion Audit and review the data that was load.
- Reporting Years 2011-2020 are closed. 2020 will open again from April 5, 2021—June 30, 2021.
- Reporting Year 2020-21 (2021) opens Monday, April 5, 2021.
- Early Education includes School Readiness (SR), Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) and Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE).
- K-8 includes English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Arts, World Languages, Physical Education (Phy.Ed.) and Health.
- 9-12 includes all courses.
- Early Education is due Wednesday, July 8, 2021.
- Final Birth-12 MCCC will close Friday, December 10, 2021.
- Reporting Year 2021-22 (2022) opens Monday, April 4, 2022, and will close Friday, December 9, 2022.
- For K-12 Instructional Methods for terms affected by the school closing and distance learning, please use instructional method BH-Blended Hybrid.
- For the MCCC Calendar, do not make modification for the school closing and post the teacher start and end dates, days in session, and days of instruction as they were at the start of the school year.
WebEx training sessions are scheduled throughout the year. View the MDE Calendar and click the Event heading to find all “MCCC Training” dates and times.
Early Education Documents
Schema 3 Implementation
MCCC Valid Field Values V3
Download this file to learn valid field choices for EE-12 Local Course Index, Staff Record and Student Record files.
MCCC Field Definitions V3
Download this file to learn fields and their definitions for EE-12 Local Course Index, Staff Record and Student Record files.
District Staff Section XSD V3 (Staff Course Record)
Download this file to create or validate a Staff Course Record XML file.
District Student XSD V4 (Student Course Record)
Download this file to create or validate a Student Course Record XML file.
District Course Catalogue XSD V4 (Local Course Index)
Download this file to create or validate a Local Course Index XML file NEW VERSION March 4, 2016.
Tools and Supports
Local Course Index XML File Error Message Dictionary
Download this document to learn what XML error messages mean for the Local Course File Upload and how to fix them.
Staff and Student XML File Error Message Dictionary
Download this document to learn what XML error messages mean and how to fix them.
MCCC WebEx Registration Instructions
Download this document to learn how to register for the WebEx MCCC Training. To request links to recorded training sessions contact email@example.com.
XML Notepad 2007
Download this document to learn how to test XML files.