The Ready Family
- Interact and talk with their children, and help them build communication skills and their ability to express their feelings, needs, and wants.
- Regularly read, sing or tell stories with their children.
- Provide routines for their children.
- Seek out parenting education, resources, and community and peer supports.
- Ensure their children are healthy and have completed hearing, vision, dental, and development screenings, including immunizations.
- Seek to have a partnership with the kindergarten teacher and other school staff to support their children’s learning.
- Engage in their children’s education by volunteering and attending meetings and events at school.
- Have an understanding and awareness of the school and community their children will enter.
Developing and Supporting the Ready Family - 5/27/20
Supporting Your Child Through the Kindergarten Transition video - 4/23/20