The Division of School Support provides high-quality training, tools and technical assistance for several practices related to teacher development and evaluation (TDE), Quality Compensation (Q Comp), principal development and evaluation (PDE), and staff development. We consult with educators, state professional organization leaders and national experts to help Minnesota districts and schools design, implement and continuously improve teacher and leader effectiveness models.To achieve our shared vision of continuous improvement of principal leadership, teacher practices and student outcomes, we:
- Offer high-quality, customized professional development for districts and charter schools.
- Are flexible and use multiple support methods (e.g., workshops, webinars, site-based assistance) to differentiate and supplement district and school professional development needs.
- Consult with district leadership teams to support continual improvement (e.g., be a critical friend or thought partner; engage in problem-solving; provide a unique perspective informed by emerging best practices and other district and state practices; provide tools to assess the quality of plan design, implementation or both).
- Clarify statutes, including TDE, Q Comp and staff development, and provide support to complete applications, program updates and reports.
- Work with districts and charter schools across the state by being a visible, accessible and supportive resource.
Use our contact information on the left navigation menu to ask how our team can partner with your educators.
Q Comp Application Writing Workshops
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) offers Q Comp application writing workshops, upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, there is a waiting list for Q Comp funding.
Professional Learning Community (PLC): Sustaining a Collaborative Culture--Spring 2019 Workshops
How strong is your collaborative culture? Are you ready to reflect on and enhance the collaborative culture of your learning teams? This session will offer opportunities for teams to explore areas of strength and growth, as well as strategies for addressing issues and keeping teams on track. Time will be embedded throughout the day for teams to continue action planning.
Audience: PLC facilitators, Q Comp coordinators and administrators (We highly recommend the full team of PLC facilitators attend.)
Participants should bring: learning team data including; norms, work plans, self-assessments, surveys and other sources related to the collaborative culture of teams.
- Register for the April 3, 2019 workshop, Roseville, Minnesota
- Register for the April 8, 2019 workshop, Rochester, Minnesota
- Register for the April 9, 2019 workshop, Marshall, Minnesota
- Register for the April 16, 2019 workshop, Sartell, Minnesota
- Register for the April 24, 2019 workshop, Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Principal and Principal Supervisor Professional Development
For future principal and supervisor training, please contact Michael Coty.
Staff Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - 2/17/15
This document addresses some of the most commonly asked questions found in Minnesota Statutes, sections 122A.60 and 122A.61.