The Division of School Support provides high-quality training, tools and technical assistance for several practices related to teacher development and evaluation (TDE), Quality Compensation (Q Comp), principal development and evaluation (PDE), and staff development. We consult with educators, state professional organization leaders and national experts to help Minnesota districts and schools design, implement and continuously improve teacher and leader effectiveness models.To achieve our shared vision of continuous improvement of principal leadership, teacher practices and student outcomes, we:
- Offer high-quality, customized professional development for districts and charter schools.
- Are flexible and use multiple support methods (e.g., workshops, webinars, site-based assistance) to differentiate and supplement district and school professional development needs.
- Consult with district leadership teams to support continual improvement (e.g., be a critical friend or thought partner; engage in problem-solving; provide a unique perspective informed by emerging best practices and other district and state practices; provide tools to assess the quality of plan design, implementation or both).
- Clarify statutes, including TDE, Q Comp and staff development, and provide support to complete applications, program updates and reports.
- Work with districts and charter schools across the state by being a visible, accessible and supportive resource.
Use our contact information on the left navigation menu to ask how our team can partner with your educators.
Note: If you need assistance or prefer to register for any of the training opportunities below by phone or email, contact our office.
Webinar—Setting Q Comp Site Goals Sessions
Audience: Coordinators or site leadership team members responsible for implementing Q Comp
Based on the Guidance for Minnesota Public Schools: 2020-21 School Year Planning document, sites will need to submit Q Comp site goal(s) for 2020-21. To assist with this process, the Minnesota Department of Education has planned three WebEx sessions around goal setting. Each session will be similar in content, so participants only need to attend one of the following WebEx sessions:
Register for the July 14, 9-10 a.m. webinar
Register for the July 15, 12-1 p.m. webinar
Register for the July 16, 3-4 p.m. webinar
Can’t make it to any of these options? Send an email message to email@example.com, and one of our team members will follow-up with you to answer your questions and debrief the webinars.
Q Comp Application Writing Workshops
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) offers Q Comp application writing workshops, upon request. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Currently, there is a waiting list for Q Comp funding.
Principal and Principal Supervisor Professional Development
For future principal and supervisor training, please contact Ann Mitchell.
Staff Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - 2/17/15
This document addresses some of the most commonly asked questions found in Minnesota Statutes, sections 122A.60 and 122A.61.