The Division of School Support provides high-quality training, tools and technical assistance for several practices related to teacher development and evaluation (TDE), Quality Compensation (Q Comp), principal development and evaluation (PDE), and staff development. We consult with educators, state professional organization leaders and national experts to help Minnesota districts and schools design, implement and continuously improve teacher and leader effectiveness models.To achieve our shared vision of continuous improvement of principal leadership, teacher practices and student outcomes, we:
- Offer high-quality, customized professional development for districts and charter schools.
- Are flexible and use multiple support methods (e.g., workshops, webinars, site-based assistance) to differentiate and supplement district and school professional development needs.
- Consult with district leadership teams to support continual improvement (e.g., be a critical friend or thought partner; engage in problem-solving; provide a unique perspective informed by emerging best practices and other district and state practices; provide tools to assess the quality of plan design, implementation or both).
- Clarify statutes, including TDE, Q Comp and staff development, and provide support to complete applications, program updates and reports.
- Work with districts and charter schools across the state by being a visible, accessible and supportive resource.
Use our contact information on the left navigation menu to ask how our team can partner with your educators.
Q Comp Application Writing Workshops
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) offers Q Comp application writing workshops, upon request. Contact email@example.com. Currently, there is a waiting list for Q Comp funding.
Q Comp Oversight Team Webinars and Workshops
The Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Division of School Support is continuing the training series for Q Comp districts and charter schools around Oversight/Leadership Teams, with a new webinar.
Q Comp Program Coordinator Training Webinars
MDE's Division of School Support is offering a short, WebEx training session for new and existing coordinators. The session will focus on Q Comp funding, common program questions, the Q Comp Continuous Improvement Model and important deadlines, and will address any participant questions or concerns.
The session will be offered on three different days in order to meet the needs of as many districts/schools as possible. Please select the date and time that works best for you:
- Register for the Tuesday, December 18, 2018 Webinar from 3:30-4:00 p.m.
- Register for the Wednesday, December 19, 2018 Webinar from 11:30-12:00 p.m.
- Register for the Thursday, December 20, 2018 Webinar from 9-9:30 a.m.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Learning Community (PLC): Sustaining a Collaborative Culture--Spring 2019 Workshops
This session will focus on analyzing program data around collaborative teams to assess future needs and celebrate successes. Participants will learn a variety of data tools and analysis techniques, and collaborate on how to use data for making adjustments for improved team implementation.
Audience: PLC facilitators, Q Comp coordinators and administrators (we highly recommended the full team of PLC facilitators attend)
Please bring program review data related to PLC implementation, including agendas, evidence of student learning, instructional strategy data, and evidence related to norms.
- Register for the April 3, 2019 workshop, Roseville, Minnesota
- Register for the April 8, 2019 workshop, Rochester, Minnesota
- Register for the April 9, 2019 workshop, Marshall, Minnesota
- Register for the April 16, 2019 workshop, Sartell, Minnesota
- Register for the April 24, 2019 workshop, Mountain Iron, Minnesota
Principal and Principal Supervisor Professional Development
- For future principal and supervisor training, please contact Michael Coty.
Staff Development Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - 2/17/15
This document addresses some of the most commonly asked questions found in Minnesota Statutes, sections 122A.60 and 122A.61.