Health Resources for Schools
The Minnesota Departments of Education and Health are working hard to keep schools updated on critical COVID-19 information. Weekly superintendent and charter leader calls and clear guidance documents, updated often, help us provide global support. Localized support provided by the regional support teams allows us to react quickly when individual district or school needs arise.
Minnesota Department of Health Resources
- Signage for school facilities:
- Sign - Masks Required Inside
- Sign - How to Wear a Mask
- Sign - Elementary School Handwashing
- Sign - Secondary School Handwashing
- Sign - Social Distancing
- Sign - School Floor Decals
- Sign - Symptoms
- Sign - Symptoms (Fillable - add information specific to your school)
- Sign - Slow the Spread
- All of these signs and more, including translated materials, videos and a social media toolkit, are available on MDH's Materials and Resources for COVID-19 Response page.
- Sign - Masks Required Inside
Regional Support Teams
The Regional Support Teams are a partnership between local public health officials, MDE, MDH and regional service cooperatives to support school districts and charter schools in navigating the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the 2020-21 school year
Regional Support Teams are structured in a way that allows efficient communication from the school and district level to the state level in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in a school building. The Regional Support Teams are made up of rapid response staff, health consultants and testing event planners.
- State lead to direct and oversee response to districts and schools:
- Coordination across state supports and regional service cooperatives.
- Works with State Testing Workgroup, oversees school testing event team.
3-4 school testing staff who help execute events when local communities need support
- Leads from regional service cooperatives (9):
- Main point of contact for school districts and charter schools in region.
- Shares updates and information between school districts/charter schools and local public health officials, MDH, MDE and other state partners.
- Supports schools in completing contact tracing surveys.
- Facilitates connections with local public health officials, MDH, MDE, and other state partners as needed.
- MDH epidemiologists, assigned by region and paired with regional service cooperatives and local public health officials
- Connect with regional supports to help respond to health and epidemiology questions
- Supports state reporting and trends on COVID-19 and implications for schools
- Supports local and state health officials in tracking cases, testing events, and school closures
Contact Sheet - State Supports
Saliva Tests for School Staff
More than 250,000 staff employed by Minnesota's schools and licensed child care programs will have access to a free COVID-19 saliva test this school year, if needed. The saliva tests are part of the Safe Learning Plan for the 2020-21 School Year, in an effort to limit exposures and disease spread.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A COVID-19 saliva test frequently asked questions document is now available for school COVID-19 coordinators. This document answers questions we've recently received in our COVIDTesting.MDE@state.mn.us inbox.
- This document is separate from MDH's COVID-19 Saliva Testing for Public and Private Teachers and School Staff: Frequently Asked Questions.