Minnesota Indian Teacher Training Program
- Be accepted into or currently attending one of the following participating, postsecondary institutions:
- Augsburg University
- Bemidji State University
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Moorhead State University
- St. Cloud State University
- University of Minnesota, Duluth.
- Be pursuing a pre-K through grade 12 career in an educational setting.
- Have and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Meet the requirements of their attending institution.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To learn more about the submission process, please reach out to the applicable college or university of attendance.
Augsburg University: Jamie Randall, 612-330-1144
Bemidji State University: Chrissy Koch, 218-755-2141
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College: Sara Montgomery, 218-879-0859
Moorhead State University: Jessica Swedberg, 218-477-2084
St. Cloud State University: Barb Miller, 320-308-5447
University of Minnesota Duluth: Heidi Labyad, 218-726-8378
Prospective Postsecondary Institutions
Current joint grantees include:
- Augsburg University | Minneapolis Public Schools and Saint Paul Public Schools
- Bemidji State University | Red Lake School District
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College | Fond du Lac Ojibwe School
- Moorhead State University | Waubun-Ogema-White Earth
- St. Cloud State University | St. Cloud Area Schools
- University of Minnesota Duluth | Duluth Public Schools
Joint grant opportunities are offered annually, as funds are available, to higher education institutions offering programs that support careers or certifications needed to work in a pre-K through grade 12 educational setting.
The joint grant application submission window changes annually due to the Minnesota Legislature biennium budget session. During policy sessions (even years), the application window will open in late January and close in March. During budget sessions (odd years), the application window will open immediately after the legislative session closes in May.