Principal Development, Support and Evaluation
- For Principals ‒ Development and Support for Principals ‒ Resources to support a leader in seven leadership practices.
- For Principal Supervisors ‒ Development and Support ‒ Coaching and resources to aid principal supervisors in guiding principals’ growth as instructional leaders, and in evaluating principals.
- Growth-Focused Evaluation of Principals ‒ Resources to help districts design and implement principal development and evaluation systems that meet statutory requirements and help principals grow continually as instructional leaders.
Minnesota has a Principal Leadership Support Team available through a partnership between the Regional Centers of Excellence, Minnesota Service Cooperatives, and the Minnesota Department of Education to provide a network of support for school leaders. Our team of leaders is available to provide assistance to any Minnesota school leader. This support can take the form of:
- Individual coaching and mentoring
- Networks of support
- Large group professional development
Note: We recognize that school leadership takes many forms and the position of a "principal" may not apply to all schools. To simplify our language, we use the term "principal" to refer to anyone engaged in instructional and managerial leadership in a school.