Becoming a Special Education Teacher
Our students deserve the best education we can provide, which includes the best educators. To discover if special education is a good choice for you, follow the steps below. More information on each step is available in the sections provided.
- Step 1: Discover the roles of a special education teacher.
- Step 2: Examine the Minnesota requirements to become a special education teacher.
- Step 3: Find a preparation program that works best for you.
- Step 4: Identify financial aid options.
- Step 5: Make a plan.
- Step 6: Secure a teaching job.
Andrew Haugen 1 - 1/7/20
Andrew Haugen 2 - 1/7/20
Kate Rennicke - 1/7/20
Tara Carlson - 1/7/20
Kanya Plaisted - 1/7/20
Frequently Asked Questions about the Academic and Behavior Strategist License - 10/19/17
Questions and answers on preparing teachers to work across multiple disability areas