Ethel Curry American Indian Leadership Scholarship
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited tribal, public, or private college or university in the state of Minnesota.
- Applicants must be enrolled for a minimum of six credits.
- Undergraduate applicants must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA on their educational transcripts.
- Graduate applicants must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA on their educational transcripts.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate leadership qualities within the American Indian community.
- Individuals related to an MDE employee are not eligible to apply.
- A fully filled out application. Please type or print legibly.
- Unofficial school transcripts. Transcripts must reflect your career cumulative GPA from all attempted postsecondary credits. This includes Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) credits and transfer credits from previously attended institutions.
- Proof of your enrollment in a federally recognized tribe. We accept copies of enrollment papers as well as tribal IDs. If either item reflects a name that you no longer legally use, proof of the name change may be requested.
- A 350-400 word essay. Essays should express your educational goals, professional goals, and the impact you want to have within the American Indian community at large.
- One academic letter of reference. This letter must reflect your academic performance, leadership activities, and connection to the American Indian community. Academic letters should be typed and signed.
- One personal letter of reference. This letter must speak to your character, your leadership qualities, your connection to the American Indian community, and your community involvement. Personal letters should be typed or written legibly, and signed.
- Applications are accepted March 1-May 31.
- Submissions must include all of the required items as outlined above.
- All required items must be submitted together.
Submit by Mail to:
The Ethel Curry American Indian Leadership Scholarship Application - 12/28/20
This application is a fillable form and must be downloaded prior to use. Applicants who are not able to use fillable forms may print the application and fill it out by hand. Applications must be submitted March 1 - May 31, and be accompanied by the required items outlined above. Incomplete submissions are eliminated from consideration.